Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Solstice Party

I have been wanting to try making these for a while now, summer solstice seemed like the perfect excuse opportunity to take the plunge and make them.  http://www.dana-made-it.com/ is one of my very favourite blogs, one that I always check when I have a moment to catch up on my blog reading.  Not only is she a fellow Californian turned Texan but she also has a son named Owen!  Gotta love that!

While the older half of the family were off doing 'grown up' things (X-Factor filming in Dallas, TX) the younger three kids and I went shopping for party supplies.  We stopped at Party City and found some colourful paper lanterns and various colours of crepe paper streamers.  I found a rainbow streamer and thought I would try sewing just a single streamer and see if the project would still work. 

It did and we (Campbell and I) thought it looked pretty good!




We also made some with two streamers, pink and green, they looked so vibrant.  I am so happy with how they turned out.  It is such a simple idea that is simple to make but make such a bright addition to decorations.





Here are some more pictures of our decorations






We had a summery menu of grilled chicken breast, mango salsa and fresh fruit, along with some ice cold Izze sparkling juice.  It was a fun way to celebrate the summer solstice and to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment